Senior C++ Developer – Full Time
(posted Feb 19 2021)
Limbic Media is a transdisciplinary team of artist-engineers with a passion for technology and the arts. For the past 10 years we have utilized a diverse set of technological and design skills and passions to create unique, innovative installations and experiences. We have been honoured as VIATeC Awards Winner: Product of the Year (2019).
Limbic Media designs high-tech art that is truly interactive – living, dynamic systems that react to and are influenced by the public.
“Welcome to Art Against the Ordinary”
Aurora – The World’s Most Advanced Sound-to-Light Mapping System
Aurora uses patented audio analysis algorithms to unravel sound in ways that no human being or lighting designer can. Audio information is analyzed in real-time to extract features as input into an AI-based lighting engine. We combine 10 years of lighting design experience with cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence techniques and advanced signal processing to provide a deeply emotive visual experience.
Since its 2018 release Aurora has already been installed globally.
Your Mission…should you choose to accept it
Limbic Media is looking for a senior developer who will oversee the bulk of the development on the Aurora codebase. This will involve being the lead developer for new features on Aurora’s cutting-edge interactive lighting platform, responding to bug fixes, and opportunities to design and implement new, cool algorithms.
- Writing, testing, reviewing and deploying code to the embedded Linux, Aurora platform
- Oversight and maintenance of the development environment
- Working with engineers to implement audio analysis algorithms
- 5-10+ years of demonstrable industry experience with C++
- Experience writing, testing, and deploying code in a production environment
- Experience working in a Linux-based environment
- Experience beyond C++, and ability to learn quickly
- Preferred experience with DSP and Algorithms
- Calm communication under pressure
- Background in music & multimedia arts an asset
Email your resume along with a short writeup as to why you want to work at Limbic Media and what role art plays in your life.
With the subject ‘Make the world more blinky’ to:
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com