[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]LIMBIC MEDIA CORPORATION
About your privacy:
LIMBIC MEDIA CORPORATION (“Limbic Media”) is a British Columbia, Canada, company, and adheres to the laws of British Columbia and Canada with respect to privacy.
At Limbic Media your privacy is, and always has been, very important to us. Limbic Media is dedicated to providing you with superior service while protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
“personal information” is defined in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act” S.C. 2000, c. 5 (“PIPEDA”), as information about the identifiable individual, though it does not include the name, business title, business address or telephone number of employees of organizations,
“personal information” is further defined in British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act S.B.C 2003, c. 63 (“PIPA”) as an identifiable individual and includes employee personal information but does not include information to enable an individual at a place of business to be contacted (including the name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number of the individual) or information prepared or collected by an individual or group of individuals as a part of the individual’s or group’s employment or business.
Limbic Media’s Privacy Principles:
Limbic Media is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. As part of this commitment, Limbic Media has adopted the following principles, based on the values set by the Canadian Standards Association’s model code for the protection of personal information, Canada’s PIPEDA, and British Columbia’s PIPA.
- Accountability: Limbic Media is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information under its control and shall designate one or more individuals to be accountable for Limbic Media’s compliance with these principles.
- Identification Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the personal information is collected.
- Consent: Individual’s consent will be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where the law provides an exemption.
- Limiting Collection: The personal information Limbic Media collects shall be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall be only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless an individual has otherwise consented or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy: Limbic Media shall keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: Limbic Media shall protect personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information received.
- Openness: Limbic Media will provide information to individuals about our policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information that is under our control
- Individual’s Access: On written request to our Privacy Officer, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information that is under our control, and may be given access to that personal information as required and permitted by law. Individuals are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of that personal information and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
- Handling Enquiries or Complaints: Any question or enquiries concerning compliance with our privacy policies and procedures may be addressed to our Privacy Officer, as set below.
Why Limbic Media Collects and Uses Personal Information:
Collecting personal information about you is essential to our being able to provide the products and services that best meet your needs. While the personal information Limbic Media collects may come directly from you, it may also be provided by other third parties.
Personal information may be used:
- To process, access, and utilize software and firmware applications and functionality in Limbic Media products and services including remote and web access;
- To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you and provide you with ongoing product and service support;
- To provide requested information, products or services;
- To understand and assess your ongoing needs, and offer products and services to meet those needs;
- To manage and develop Limbic Media’s business and operations to provide all Limbic Media’s customers the highest level of satisfaction;
- For billing and accounting services relating to our products and services;
- For client communication, service, and administration;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements, including export and import matters.
Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use.
Consent to use personal information:
Consent may be obtained in various ways. Limbic Media may obtain your express consent or Limbic Media may determine consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be in writing (for example in a signed consent, e-mail or application form), or verbally in person or over the telephone. When Limbic Media receives information from you that enables us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner would be implied. If you need to provide personal information about other individuals (such as employees, dependents, etc.), you must first obtain their consent for these purposes prior to your disclosure to us.
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, Limbic Media asks that you provide additional information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with a written notice that such consent is withdrawn. By withdrawing your consent, or not providing it in the first place, you may limit or prevent us from being able to provide you or an authorized third party (such as an employer) with the products or services desired.
In certain circumstances, consent cannot be withdrawn, such as where personal information is required to process, access, and utilize software and firmware applications. There are also legal exceptions where Limbic Media will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if Limbic Media must comply with a court order.
Sharing personal information with others:
Limbic Media is not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to others. In providing our products and services, Limbic Media may need to disclose the personal information Limbic Media collects to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions.
As Limbic Media continues to develop and grow, Limbic Media may buy and sell parts of a business. Information regarding the particular products or services being purchased or sold could include personal information and be one of the transferred business assets.
In certain circumstances, Limbic Media may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
Limbic Media also uses this personal information to assess your future needs and to offer products and services that may meet those needs, from ourselves, our affiliates or reputable organizations selected by us. If you do not wish to revise these offers or such information, please contact our Privacy Officer as outlined below in the contact information section.
Keeping information accurate:
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information Limbic Media has about you. Limbic Media relies on you to keep us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances.
Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, let us know and Limbic Media will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us.
How Limbic Media safeguards personal information:
At Limbic Media we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to sensitivity level of the information collected.
Limbic Media service providers and agents are required to maintain client confidentiality, and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose.
Limbic Media employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
Privacy and the internet:
Limbic Media may collect user information from its web sites (for example, via cookies which are alphanumeric identifiers transmitted from a web site to a visitor’s browser and IP address). This information is used solely for enabling us to provide you with a customized online experience and to find ways to improve our site. Although cookies are widely used, it may be possible to disable cookies via your browser settings. However, in so doing, some web sites may not function properly or optimally.
Please contact our Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns. Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Mail: #2-740 Discovery Street, Victoria, BC, Canada, V8T 1H2
Attention: Privacy Officer